Introduction Fundraising Toolkit
Get ready for the third annual Holiday Cheer — our end-of-year giving campaign where the entire CHEER For Life community taps into the power of their networks to raise money for the CHEER For Life Fund. Across three fundraising teams, we'll be spreading the word and asking friends + family for donations to support our fundraising efforts and beneficiaries.
This guide will help give you an overview of the campaign, introduce you to the work our beneficiary does in the community and provide you with the tools you need for easy and effective fundraising. Let's go!
How does it work?
Create a fundraising page to join the campaign. Be sure to sign up with your assigned team to ensure your contributions are counted towards their total. Give yourself a big fundraising goal – go for it!
Tap your network and ask friends, family members and colleagues for donations to help raise funds for the Cheer For Life Fund. Need ideas? We've collected lots of example emails, posts and stories in this guide to help get your fundraising juices flowing!
Keep at it. Keep reaching out and encouraging your network to participate – share stories of the work donations go to support and let people know why it matters to you. Every contribution helps; you'll be surprised how easy it can be to hit your goals!
- November 19 — Holiday Cheer officially begins!
- November 28 — Giving Tuesday fundraising push!
- All December — Hit those networks!
- Jan 1 — Finish strong!
Prizes + Incentives
- Raise $250+ — one paid event credit
- Raise $500+ — $50 off team dues
- Raise $750+ — another $50 off team dues
- Raise $1000+ — a top fundraising prize (more to come!)
We'll also have prizes for the top individual fundraisers, as well as an exciting luxury 'experiential' prize for the top team! We'll give more details as the campaign gets going — so start getting those dollars and go for the gold, people!
The most important thing you can do to help us have a successful campaign is spread the word. It's easy: share early, share wide and share often! You'll be surprised how many people are thrilled and excited to contribute to your cause – but they've got to know about it to do it.
Here are some simple ways you can get started and reel in those donations:
- Send emails to your friends and family. Let them know about the campaign, explain the cause we're supporting and ask them to help out. You'll be surprised who donates that you might not have expected – so be sure out include extended family, old coworkers, etc.
- Post to Facebook / Twitter / Snapchat / Instagram. Let your adoring fans and followers know how they can contribute. Share posts, updates and stories of the impact their donation can make.
- Donate to your own page to get things started. Even a small donation can help encourage others and demonstrate your own commitment to the cause. Donate $10 or $25 to start the ball rolling.
- Keep people updated. While you don't need to overdo it, think about how you can keep up a cadence of posts and emails through the end of the year. It's a busy time for everyone – so often a reminder or new post means your ask is top of mind for your supporters.
- Have fun! This is a simple way for us to raise money for an incredible cause, and it's also a great opportunity to let people know just why charitable cheerleading rocks! Show off that magnetic spirit and watch the donations flood in.
Below you'll find a bunch of example posts, emails, images and facts that you can use when reaching out. Just be sure to include the lilnk to your personal fundraising page whenever you get the word out!
The Shanti Project
Funds raised for the Holiday Cheer campaign go to the CHEER For Life Fund, which makes grants to organizations doing important work on the ground with at-risk members of our community living with life-challenging conditions. A perfect example is our primary beneficiary this year: The Shanti Project.
Shanti is an incredible organization that enhances the health, quality of life and well-being of people living with life-threatening or chronic illnesses such as cancer, Hepatitis C and HIV/AIDS. Through a continuum of services including in-home + onsite assistance, care navigation and emotional support Shanti ensures their clients remain in treatment, emerge from isolation and improve their health outcomes. Most of their clients are low-income, marginalized and underserved – making Shanti's services a critical part of their fragile safety net.
Help donors understand exactly what their contribution can go to support – incorporate these facts to make a specific dollar donation meaningful:
- $1,000 enables Shanti to provide fifteen homebound and isolated clients with over 135 hours of practical support
- $1,000 allows Shanti to provide nutrition classes for seventy clients with breast cancer
- $500 covers vet care for three PAWS clients so their pets can get critical care and medications while remaining in their home as an important part of their lives
- $250 provides grocery vouchers for ten women with cancer to purchase healthy, nutritious food while going through treatment
- $100 allows Shanti feed over forty clients in their HIV Services Drop-In Center for one week
Social Media Posts
Add your link, a picture — and share!
Facebook / LinkedIn
'Tis the season to give back! As you're shopping for gifts online, please consider taking a few minutes to donate $10, $20, or $50 to @cheersanfrancisco's Cheer for Life Foundation: [LINK]. It's not too late to get on Santa's nice list this year!
Any amount is greatly appreciated and supports our beneficiaries – like @ShantiProject: helping enhance the health, quality of life and well-being of people with terminal, life-threatening or disabling illnesses or conditions.
* * *
Help spread some holiday cheer this year by donating to @cheersanfrancisco's 3rd annual Holiday Cheer Campaign! All donations will go to the Cheer For Life Fund, which supports organizations that provide services to people facing life-threatening challenges – like @shantiproject! Any donation amount is greatly appreciated: [LINK]
* * *
A $10, $25, $50 (or more!) donation may not seem like much, but to our friends at @shantiproject your donation will make a world of difference and help thousands of people. [LINK]
Thank you from the bottom of my little cheer heart!
* * *
Founded in 1974 by Dr. Charles Garfield, @shantiproject has been at the forefront of a growing national movement to enhance the quality of life for persons living with life-threatening or chronic illnesses by providing volunteer-based emotional and practical support.
Support Shanti by donating to @cheersanfrancisco’s Cheer For Life Foundation! Learn more about our Holiday Cheer campaign: [LINK]
.@cheersf’s #HolidayCheer Campaign is in full swing! Support the CHEER For Life Fund this holiday season: [LINK] #cheerforlife #cheerity
'Tis the season to give back: support incredible organizations like @shantiprojectsf through @cheersf's #HolidayCheer Campaign! [LINK] #cheerity #cheerforlife
Get on Santa’s nice list this year by supporting @cheersf’s #HolidayCheer Campaign: [LINK] @shantiprojectsf #cheerity #cheerforlife
Proceeds from @cheersf’s 3rd annual #HolidayCheer Campaign will benefit community organizations like @shantiprojectsf. Learn more: [LINK] #cheerity #cheerforlife
Get on Santa’s nice list this year by supporting @cheersf’s #HolidayCheer Campaign: [LINK] #cheerity #cheerforlife
.@cheersf’s 3rd annual #HolidayCheer Campaign is in full swing. Learn more about how you can support the Cheer For Life Fund: [LINK]
Give a little holiday spirit to the Cheer For Life Foundation! Support @cheersf’s #HolidayCheer Campaign: [LINK]
Customize and send away!
Hi Friends + Family,
Help me spread some holiday cheer this year by donating to CHEER San Francisco's third annual Holiday Cheer Campaign!
All funds raised go to support our philanthropic mission: raising spirits, awareness and funds to support organizations providing critical services to at-risk members of our communities.
Our primary beneficiary this year is The Shanti Project — an incredible organization that enhances the quality of life for individuals living with life-threatening or chronic illnesses such as cancer, Hepatitis C and HIV/AIDS.
I've committed to raising $1,000 for the Cheer For Life Fund, which is equal to 135 hours of practical support to 15 homebound and isolated Shanti Project clients. Please join me in helping support the important work of community organizations like this by making a donation to my page — it's quick, secure and tax-deductible:
Thanks again for your support!
Need help setting up your page or asking for donations? Reach out to your team captains and they'll he happy to help you out.